Skip to main content
Sankofa – Search for Knowledge.

Highest Blessings!

I greet thee Sancho, in the name of the ancestor; Tuckness Sancho, All Praises and all Thanks are due to the creator of all worlds, both the seen and the unseen.

In the spirit of Muriel Sancho, I am come – come in peace – I am with oneness of heart, mind and soul – I am come to lift up the name of Ancestor; Sancho.

I reminiscent and therefore I recalled I am told three female Sanchos welcomed me into this world, on a rainy early morning hour in December of 1955 and gave me from the get go a sense of security; Muriel Sancho, my immediate ancestor, her sister Aunt Inez, and her cousin Muriel Sancho; daughter of great Uncle Christopher Sancho. This fact is a primary reason for my ‘make up’. Avril and Pricilla sharper cared for my well being while I was a very little child, thus Peter and Louis Sharper figure permanently in my childhood memories of New Amsterdam.

Dora and Barbara Sancho were regulars, visiting their Aunt Muriel in Alexander Street, in New Amsterdam. I recall I associated Georgetown with Dorothy Sancho. I would cry long eye water if Muriel did not take me to Dorothy – What’s that East La Penitence.

1961 as I recall the year I associate with accurate memories. I recall hopping along the railway tracks to Aunt Elsa'’ residence. Their'’ Uncle Edward Morris in a rocking chair with a pipe in his mouth. The room I am told I recall Cecil'’, the racing cycle. Well Cecil and Errol rode the racing bicycle I understood. Errol racing cycle, George brought to New Amsterdam and I would finally master it in the Golden Grove and Nabaclis community.

Well I loved eating it was a habit thus I preferred Golden Grove and Nabaclis community, to New Amsterdam. Going aback was fun picking up coconut was not. The food well I acquired the taste. Boya Sharper, Tee Joyce, Wok and Dead, Uncle Charlie, uncle Ossie, aunts Margaret, Elsa, and Inez, Cousins Sheila, Edmund, Louis, Peter, Gell, Sydney, Vibert, Myrvin, Anson, Ralph, Back Legg, Ralph Moore, Sue-Bow I really enjoyed going aback with them. A huge amount of me, pass into oblivion – when folks I know make the transition to ancestor.

All I am really trying to say is - Sancho is about survival, the survival of a people against overwhelming odds, and the survival of a people amid the adversities of life.

I consider and acknowledge each one of us as the extension of those Sanchos. I regret they are no longer with us for the simple reason – they would know a lot more of themselves than those of us currently alive know of them and others associated with them.

I am foremost a truth seeker. Sanchos do not need Alex Haley; Sanchos need only the truth. It is then in the interest of accuracy and knowledge of self, I ask the questions. I require the information not for personal use but to ascertain who is and who is not Sancho. The older generations it seems called every soul; relative, now it’s up to us the living to identify the blood relatives. The Black life and culture has its pros and icons.

A committed effort must be undertaken to determine who has the Sancho blood flowing in their veins.

This is no easy task for folks called each other cousins for so many years in the rural areas, it really is a painstaking to establish who and or how the relationship if any occurred in the first place.

Examining the Alexander and Rachel Sancho family and the extended family, I noticed folks, who are related to Rachel Campbell, often claim to be related to Sancho. The task therefore is to identify these relatives and place them, where they rightfully belong.

That’s the correct thing to do, as a matter of fact, the only thing to do in this situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Luke-Sancho

It is a given not every person surnamed Luke and/or members of the kinship of Luke are descendants of Sancho. The aim of this exercise is to identify the members of the kinship of Sancho. This effort is focused primarily on the immediate relatives of Mrs. Adelaide Sancho-Luke. However, it would be totally illogical not to recognize the possibility that there are likely other links among the people of Luke and Sancho, other than that of David Luke and Adelaide Sancho. This is part of the up-hill task of accounting for all of the members of the kinship of Sancho, as accurately as humanly possible. Your input will be greatly appreciated. You are hereby asked to share your knowledge of our people, and/or to point us to sources of information; whereby persons connected to the primary ancestor will be identified. Thanks for your time, tolerance and cooperation. Whenever you have pertinent information will please share with researchers? Email: nabaclisman@gmail.com PRIMARY SURNAME: LUKE - The

Brick Walls

 Contact :- childrenofsancho@gmail.com Perhaps, the future generations of Sancho researchers will move this process forward in a radical environment resembling that of the ancestors of Sancho prior to the beginnings of the seventeenth century AD.   It’s likely the future generations of Sancho researchers will be able to access information which is not currently available. This Sancho hopes the future generations of Sancho researchers will vindicate his efforts. This Sancho hopes the future generations of Sancho researchers will pay homage to the integrity, Sancho ancestral heritage. He also hopes his fortitude, integrity; sincerity and the love for his Sancho biology will be appreciated and lauded by the future generations of Sancho researchers, and Sancho people, generally, most especially the DNA Sancho. Perhaps, more than enough time efforts has been exhausted exposing the distraction the reprehensible opinions of Kenneth Joyce Robertson and his fictitious account- purporting

William Sancho, at Buxton, 1880s - 1890s?

 Are you aware of William Sancho, ca. 1880s - 1890s?  He was convicted of numerous  petty criminal activities, Old William Sancho certainly had it rough. obviously, this Sancho sympathize with his sufferings. However, because of the colonial records this Sancho became aware of the human experience. And for that truth and reality this Sancho is extremely grateful, Bit alas, their is no genealogical information available in print. If  Old William was birthed before 1869; perhaps the names of his immediate relates are available in the district.