It is a given not every person surnamed Luke and/or members of the kinship of Luke are descendants of Sancho. The aim of this exercise is to identify the members of the kinship of Sancho. This effort is focused primarily on the immediate relatives of Mrs. Adelaide Sancho-Luke. However, it would be totally illogical not to recognize the possibility that there are likely other links among the people of Luke and Sancho, other than that of David Luke and Adelaide Sancho.
This is part of the up-hill task of accounting for all of the members of the kinship of Sancho, as accurately as humanly possible.
Your input will be greatly appreciated. You are hereby asked to share your knowledge of our people, and/or to point us to sources of information; whereby persons connected to the primary ancestor will be identified. Thanks for your time, tolerance and cooperation.
Whenever you have pertinent information will please share with researchers? Email: email@example.com
PRIMARY SURNAME: LUKE - The kinship of Sancho: the Descendants of Adelaide (nee Sancho) Luke and her husband David Luke.
ADAMS, ARMSTRONG, AUSTIN, BARNWELL, BARRY, BLAND, BURKE, CALLIGHAN, FRASER, GARRAWAY, GILES. GRENADA, HAYWOOD (HEYWOOD), LAWRENCE, LUKE, LUTCHMAN, LYNCH, MORRIS, RICHMOND, SANCHO, SEYMOUR, THORNHILL, WARD, WEATHERSPOON, WILLIAMSON,
PRIMARY PERSON OF INTEREST:
Adelaide Sancho; the mother of Theophilus Augustus Luke (1867-1957).
Adelaide Sancho is the member of the kinship of Sancho. Adelaide Sancho is the mother of the kinship of Luke - members of the kinship of Sancho.
I am interested in locating and communicating with the descendants of Sancho. This has led me several families including the Luke. According to the information, I am fortunate to access David Luke and his wife Adelaide (nee Sancho) Luke reproduced several children. It appears the family consisted of at least six children – three girls and three boys, including;
- Theophilus Augustus Luke, (1867-1957), a Local Preacher at the Methodist Church at Victoria on the East Sea Coast of Demerara.
- Amelia Luke-Thornhill of Lodge Village, East Bank Demerara.
- Aunt Baby,
- Aunt Berth, mother of Eloise,
- The mother or father of Gladys Lawrence and Gussy Lawrence – and grand parent of Hilton Morris and Sidney Morris.
- The father of Renny Luke, the father of Josephine Luke, perhaps, George Luke and Henry Luke.
Descendants of Theophilus Augustus Luke and Myra Henrietta Dulcina Caleb:
Jennifer M. Austin, Karen F. Austin, Leon C. Austin, Wallace Samuel Austin, Colleen Barry, Keith Barry, Wilwood Augustus Barry , Ashton Luke, Cheryl Luke, Dulcina Augusta Luke ( 1913- 1994) , Emelda Luke, Etta Luke, George Herbert Westwell Luke (1911-1977), George Errol Luke, Hazel Luke, Henrietta Agatha Alethea Luke, (-1974), Hernetta Luke, Jennifer Luke, Joseph Theophilus Luke [aka Stanley Luke] (1918 -) , Lucille Hyacinth Luke ( 1915- 2006), Macein Luke, Marie Luke , Oliver Luke, Pennifer Luke, Salome Eudora Luke ( 1910- 1998 ) , Theophilus Augustus Fiddian Luke ( 1908 - 1998) , Vanessa Luke, Vanetta Luke, Wendella Luke, Westwell Luke, Zaneta Luke
Descendants of Willie Luke (perhaps, Wilfred Luke),
Odessa Fraser, Dawn Jafferally, Faye Jafferally, Pam Jafferally, Patrick Jafferally, Bunny Luke (Policeman), Coretta Luke, Dolly Luke, Duncan Luke, Essie Luke, Franklin Luke, Gordon Luke (Minister of Religion), Guy Luke, Henry Luke (perhaps Wilfred Henry Luke), Joan Luke, Joy Luke, Maize Luke, Patricia Luke, Samuel Theophilus Luke, Samuel Theophilus Luke (aka Michael Luke), Seifred Leroy Luke (aka Fred James/Fred Luke), Waveney Luke, Jeffery Smith, Joan Smith, Walter Smith
Clement Garraway, Colin G. Garraway (Minister of Religion), Colleen Garraway, Mark Garraway, Augustus Lawrence (Gussie Lawrence), Cedric Lawrence, Gladys Lawrence, Ivor “Boba” Lawrence (Police Officer), Joe Lawrence, Oscar Lawrence, Samuel Lawrence (Police Officer), Winston “Saygo” Lawrence (farmer and Village Overseer of Victoria-Belfield Village District), Ann Morris, Audrey Morris, Fred Morris, Hilton Morris, Lennox Morris, Sydney Morris, Una Weatherspoon (wife of Stanley Barnwell), Oswald Bland (Ossie Bland), Merle Grenada, Asquith Richmond, Outan Bland, Cousin Maude Richmond (perhaps a Miss Bristol), Dunstan Richmond, Asquith Richmond, Birdie Bland??.
The Bland/Richmond family resided in the vicinity of the Pilgrim Holiness Church at Nabaclis on the East Sea Coast of Demerara.
Luke of Plaisance
Abigail Luke, Allison Luke, Conrad Alexander Luke (Schoolmaster), Debbie Luke (probably Debbie Thomas), Gloria Luke,James Henry Augustus Luke, Joseph William Luke, Lillian Luke (probaby Lilly Luke, schoolteacher), Monty Luke, Tom Luke (Schoolmaster), Stella Althea Luke (Nurse/Midwife, Plaisance Health Center),Walford Luke , Catherine Miller (Typist Clerk), Marcelle Miller, Mary Angela Miller (Missionary Minister of Religion, Glory Light Tabernacle, Plaisance), Monica Imelda Miller (Social Worker),
I know; the mother of Theophilus Augustus Luke is Miss Adelaide Sancho. The members of this Luke family migrated to several communities including Plaisance, Kitty and Lodge. There was Hutchinson Luke and his brother May Luke had butchery in the vicinity of the Railway Station near Garnett Street at Kitty Village, on the East Sea Coast of Demerara.
Luke operated a bakery at lot 21 Princess Street in Lodge village, on the East Bank of the Demerara River.
- Miss Adelaide Sancho, the mother of Theophilus Augustus Luke is an immediate relative and member of the following kinships; ASSANAH, BRISTOL, BOBB, HARMON, HARRY, HAYWOOD, JACOBS, LAWRENCE, among others unknown to me at this period.
- Papa Willie Luke is a son of Adelaide Sancho and her husband David Luke.
- Wilfred Luke is the name of Papa Willie Luke,
- Papa Willie Luke is the father of Samuel Theophilus Luke, Maize Luke and Henry Luke.
- Mrs. Callighan is the mother of Mrs. Nelly Mackie, Mrs. Seymour, Ella “Butt-Up” Europe , Mrs. Mary Chichester, Mrs. Irene Graham and about twelve others.
- Mrs. Callighan is an immediate relative of Adelaide Sancho, perhaps a sister or a daughter but could well be a first cousin.
- The legal name of Henry Luke, the brother of Samuel Theophilus Luke, Maize Luke is very likely Wilfred Henry Luke.
- Maurice Luke was resident near Lam’s Grocery Store, Gomes and Keith Booker at Golden Grove.
- Maurice Luke is the father of Derek Luke the New Jersey born American Actor who played the lead role in the film ; Antwone Fisher is perhaps a member of the kinship of Luke of Golden Grove.
- What are the names of the children of David Luke and Adelaide Luke?
- What are the names of the descendants (children) of the children of David Luke and Adelaide Luke?
- What is the name of the father of Adelaide Sancho?
- Who are the siblings of Adelaide Sancho?
- Who are the descendants of the members of the kinship of Luke?
- Who operated a bakery at lot 21 Princess Street in Lodge village, on the East Bank of the Demerara River?
- Who are immediate relatives of Hutchinson Luke and his brother May Luke had butchery in the vicinity of the Railway Station near Garnett Street at Kitty Village.
- Who were resident at Golden Grove, Nabaclis, Victoria, Plaisance, Vryheid’s Lust, Kitty, and Lodge?
- What are the vital statistics of David Luke, Adelaide Luke, Theophilus Augustus Luke, and Amelia Thornhill?
- Who are immediate relatives of Susan Giles, the mother of Miss Adelaide Sancho?
- Can you identify the children, the siblings and the descendants of the siblings of Theophilus Augustus Luke, and Amelia Thornhill, and the other members of their kinship?
- Is Conrad Luke a member of the kinship of Luke and a descendant of David Luke and Adelaide Luke?
- Who can assist with identifying, locating, communicating, with the members of the kinship of Luke – the descendants of Sancho?
- What is the relationship of Adelaide Sancho-Luke to the father of Maize Luke-Jafferally, Samuel Luke, and Henry Luke, and Mrs. Callighan?
- Can you identify the following?
Miss Seymour, the wife of George Herbert Westwell Luke (1911-1977), Cyril Luke (son of Armstrong of Nabaclis), Maurice Luke (UK & New Jersey, USA) , and Ismay Seaforth-Luke.
- The known surnames of the descendants of David Luke and Adelaide Sancho.
- The names of the father of Samuel Theophilus Luke, Maize Luke-Jefferali and Henry Luke.
- The names of the brothers and sisters of Samuel Theophilus Luke, senior.
- The name of the mother of Samuel Theophilus Luke, senior.
- The names of the children and spouses of Samuel Theophilus Luke, Maize Luke-Jefferalli and Henry Luke.
- Also please list the dates of births, Dates of Marriages, and the dates of death of our relatives when known. Even the months and the years of the events may very well be useful and lead to locating sources of information.
- The name of Luke and his wife Miss Heywood (Haywood) and their children and other relatives.
- What is the correct surname Haywood or Heywood?
- What are the names of the parents, siblings, children and ancestor of Cyril Luke?
- How does Cyril Luke relate to Samuel Theophilus Luke?
- The contact information for all the members of the kinship of Sancho, which you have and/ or can obtain.
- Also who do you recommend I contact and consult regarding the descendants of Adelaide Sancho and her husband David Luke, and the other members of the kinship of Sancho?
- Susan Giles is the mother of the kinships of Callighan and Luke – and numerous other members of the kinship of Sancho.
- Susan Giles was birthed about 1827.
- Susan Giles is an immediate relative of Leah Giles, a shareholder of Golden Grove Village, East Coast Demerara.
- One of these three members of the kinship of Sancho; John Sancho, Bentick Sancho, and Tuckness Sancho, is the father of Adelaide Sancho.
Joseph Theophilus Luke also known as Stanley Luke is quoted as saying in an article, “those good old days at Victoria”, written by John Rickford and printed on page fifteen of the Sunday Chronicle issued for Sunday, August 25, 1974; his father was from Nabaclis. He moved to Victoria in 1895.
Cousin Maude Richmond, perhaps a Miss Bristol, the mother of Dunstan Richmond and Asquith Richmond and her sister, Birdie, the mother of Merle Grenada, Oswald Bland, and Outan Bland resided in the vicinity of the Pilgrim Holiness Church at Nabaclis on the East Sea Coast of Demerara.
REASONS FOR THE INTERESTS:
The need is to determine and thereby ascertain, the exact nature of the relationship of Adelaide Sancho, the mother of Theophilus Augustus Luke to the kinship of Sancho and particularly to one of three brothers; Bentick Sancho, John Sancho and Tuckness Sancho.
PERSONS OF INTERESTS:
- THEOPHILUS AUGUSTUS LUKE (–d. Monday, October 21, 1957);
- AMELIA THORNHILL of Lodge Village;
- ASHTON LUKE, son of DOROTHY BACCHUS;
- ROYAL LUKE, GLEN LUKE (United Kingdom), WINSTANLEY LUKE, CAMILLE LUKE and VANESSA LUKE in Brooklyn, New York, USA;
- GEORGE HERBERT WESTWELL LUKE (Thursday, August 3, 1911 – November 1977);
- The brother and sister; GUSSY LAWRENCE and GLADYS LAWRENCE of Victoria Village and her sons; HILTON MORRIS and SIDNEY MORRIS (with Edward Morris);
- JOSEPHINE LUKE, ELOISE, ELIZA (LIZ);
- The relatives of Luke, the owner of a Bakery at 21 Princess Street Lodge, Village, East Bank Demerara;
- The relatives of HUTCHINSON LUKE and MAY LUKE, owners of Butcher Shop at Garnett Street near the Railway Station at Kitty Village, East Coast Demerara;
- Members of the kinships of Luke of the villages of Kitty, Plaisance, Golden Grove, Nabaclis, and Victoria, on the East Coast of Demerara, and Lodge on the East Bank of the Demerara River;
- MAUDE RICHMOND, Nabaclis Village;
- JOB AUGUSTUS LUKE;
- WILFRED ALEXANDER LUKE (May 7, 1897-October 12, 1960) Carpenter;
- EDWARD MATHIAS LUKE (October 31, 1948);
- JOSEPH WILLIAM LUKE: Catechist, Plaisance, Schoolmaster at Better Hope, died while still being employed;
- STELLA ALTHEA LUKE: Nurse-Midwife; Plaisance, East Coast Demerara c.16th, March, 1957.
- JAMES HENRY AUGUSTUS LUKE: Boiler Maker, Transport and Harbours Department, Plaisance, East Coast Demerara and Diamond, East Bank, Demerara;
- LINNET O. LUKE and Eileen K. George (Howard University Alumni: Directory of Graduates 1870-1980: page 732);
- CHARLES LUKE – President of Friendship Wesleyan Guild – c. 1st. January, 1919;
- ROBERT LUKE who married Caroline London, and they reproduced a daughter GLORIA PATRICIA LUKE, Mahaica, East Coast, Demerara;
- OSCAR O. LUKE: Buxton, East Coast, Demerara. (c. 1926.) ;
- MICHAEL LUKE: Mason, Lot 36 Stanley town, New Amsterdam, Berbice;
- QUASHEY LUKE: Shareholder of Golden Grove Village;
- CONRAD ALEXANDER LUKE: Schoolmaster, (Born July 10, 1919 at Plaisance died: May 29, 2004);
- LILLIAN LUKE : Plaisance R. C.1923 ;
- W. E. LUKE: Mahaicony 1950;
- CLAYTON LUKE (Labourer, Golden Grove, East Coast, Demerara, c. 12 July 1960);
- JOSEPH BENJAMIN LUKE (Clerk, Bookers Stores, Georgetown);
- HENRY HERCULES LUKE (Carpenter, Golden Grove, East Coast, Demerara);
- MOSES LUKE (Car owner, Bagotville, West Bank, Demerara);
- EBENEZER LUKE (Overseer, Mahaicony, East Coast, Demerara);
- JOAN P. J. LUKE – Arts (1955);
- ALVIN LUKE: Resident, Cummings Lodge
Luke c. May 19, 1928
- JOSEPH WILLIAM LUKE: Plaisance, East Coast Demerara.
- JAMES HENRY LUKE: Plantation Diamond, East Bank Demerara.
- GEORGE ALBERT LUKE: Victoria, East Coast Demerara.
- CORNELIUS LUKE: Victoria, East Coast Demerara.
- MOSES LUKE: Bagotville, West Bank Demerara.
- GRANT E. LUKE: La Grange Police Station, West Bank Demerara.
Source: Official Gazette of British Guiana – May 19, 1928: Page 1,591.
Head Teacher, Ann's Grove Roman Catholic School, East Coast, Demerara.
RESIDES: at Victoria, East Coast Demerara.
BORN: August 3, 1911, at Victoria, East Coast, Demerara, to Theophilus Augustus Luke, Painter, and his wife, Myrah Dulcina nee Caleb.
EDUCATED: at Ann's Grove Methodist School, East Coast, Demerara, and
Government Training College, Georgetown.
Holds Teacher's Certificate, Class 1.
Was a Pupil Teacher at St. Stephen's Cane Grove, East Coast, Demerara, Kingston Methodist, Georgetown and Friendship Methodist, East Coast Demerara.
1932-42 --- Assistant Teacher, Victoria Roman Catholic School, East Coast, Demerara.
1942 --- Assistant Teacher, St. Mary's Roman Catholic School.
1944 --- First Assistant Malgre Tout Roman Catholic School.
1945 --- Acting Head Teacher, Malgre Tout Roman Catholic School.
1946 --- Present Appointment.
RECREATION: - Walking.
HOBBIES: - Music, Gardening and Reading.
Is Organist and Choirmaster Victoria Roman Catholic Church, since
SOURCE: Roth, Vincent & Delph, Charles Noel (Editors) Who's Who in British Guiana [1945-48, Fourth Edition] The Daily Chronicle Company Limited, Georgetown, British Guiana, 1948]: page 330.
JAMES HENRY AUGUSTUS LUKE,
Boiler Maker, Transport and Harbours Department.
RESIDES: at Plaisance, East Coast, Demerara.
BORN: 1889 at Aurora , Essequibo , to Joseph William Luke, Catechist, and his wife, Nancy, nee Britton.
EDUCATED: at St. Paul ’s Anglican School , Plaisance, East Coast, Demerara.
Was a Boiler Maker, Foreman Plantation Diamond for 20 years.
Also Foreman at Air Base.
MARRIED: 3rd, August, 1921:- Matilda Harris.
CHILDREN: Has four sons and two daughters.
1923:- Erected Iron Chimney without scaffold at Plantation Diamond.
SOURCE: Roth, Vincent & Delph, Charles Noel (Editors)Who's Who in British Guiana [1945-48, Fourth Edition] The Daily Chronicle Company Limited, Georgetown, British Guiana, 1948]: Page 330.
WILFRED ALEXANDER LUKE
RESIDES: at 94 Second Street, Georgetown.
BORN: May 7, 1897, at Golden Grove, East Coast, Demerara, to Job Augustus Luke, Farmer, and his wife, Mary, nee Glasgow.
EDUCATED: at Golden Grove Methodist School .
Has been a Volunteer Sanitary Inspector.
MARRIED: September 13, 1933: Eugenie Alberta Sandiford.
CHILDREN: Has three sons and two daughters.
RECREATION: - Cricket.
HOBBY: - Reading.
SOURCE: Roth, Vincent & Delph, Charles Noel (Editors)Who's Who in British Guiana [1945-48, Fourth Edition] The Daily Chronicle Company Limited, Georgetown, British Guiana, 1948]: Page 330.
Let’s talk, enlighten me, who among the folks listed below, do your recognize? I am referring to their link to Adelaide Sancho.
EAST BANK, DEMERARA
Keith Luke [Driver], John Luke [Police], Michael Francis Luke-King [Driver] Agricola
Shellon Arlyn Luke, Deon Pheona Luke, Lexie Lanna Luke, Deryck Luke [Refrigerator Technician], Helen Elizabeth Luke, Mildred Luke, Reginald Roopchan Luke,
KITTY/ CAMPBELLVILLE/ NEWTOWN/ CUMMINGS LODGE/ SOPHIA/ PATTENSEN/ TURKEYEN.
Inez Luke, Claire Allison Sharon Luke [Vendor] , Carol Luke [Domestic], Sharon Eastilanda Ruth Luke [Joiner] ,Chomie Kenacia Luke, Coretta Osmine Luke [Nurse] , Ayanna Andito Luke ,David Josephus Luke [Supervisor] , Rashleigh Anthony Luke ,Trilton Andre Luke [Prison Officer] ,Alvin Luke [Gardener] ,George Luke , Hermeena Gomattie Luke ,Kennard Luke [Seaman] ,George Anthony Luke ,Edrice Luke , Lionel Luke-King [Office Assistant] ,Catherine Luke ,
Ismay Luke , Grace Luke-Fraser [Supervisor] ,Verna Gwendolyn Luke [Medex] , Samuel Luke [Conductor] ,Andrea Amanda Luke [Cleaner] ,Annette Patricia Luke ,Christopher Samuel Luke , Claudia Gennita Luke [Accounts Clerk] ,Cyndia Patricia Luke ,Henry Gilbert Luke [Contractor] , Conrad Cuthbert Luke [Lecturer] , Niaal Anthony Luke [Technician] ,Carol Candace Luke-Edwards , Anthony Luke-King [Seaman] , Michael Uriah Luke-King [Engineer] , Alanka Luke , Levi Apata Otinga Luke , Wilfred Fitz Herbert Luke [Minister of Religion] ,Mercedes Salome Luke-Williams ,
Beverly Ann Luke, Michele Althea Luke, Lucille Ivy Luke-Burke, Zelda Niekesha Athaliah Luke, Princess Irene Luke [Vendor],
Sherwin Nelson Luke, Clarice Luke, Curtis A. Luke [Vendor], Hazel Ann Luke [Police], Victor Luke [Goldsmith], Devon Marvin Junior Luke, Debbie Monetta Luke [Manager],
ALBOUYSTOWN/ CHARLESTOWN / BOURDA/ WORTMANVILLE/ LACY TOWN/ WERK-EN-RUST
Esther Helena Luke [Charwoman], Joyann Maria Luke , Doreen Dularie Luke-King , Edward Peter Luke-King [Craftsman] , Shawn Luke King , Elizabeth Ann Luke-King , Martin Luke-King , Pamela Beatrice Luke [Processor], Eze Oguere Sinclair Luke [Inspector], Bernadette Petronella Luke [Seamstress] , Denise Elizabeth Luke , Hazel Elizabeth Luke , Hilda Luke [Constable] , Grace Amelia Luke [Chief Clerk] , Hannah L. Luke-Edwards [Secretary] , Mark Luke-Edwards , Marlon Charles Luke , Adewale Luke [Credit Officer] , Dale Ann Luke [Clerk] , Debereen Osline Luke , James Anthony Luke [Vendor] , Floyd Orin Luke [Vendor] , Delon Luke , Tannis Luke ,
PLAISANCE/ SPARENDAAM/ VRYHEID 'S LUST
Donald Alexander Luke [Carpenter] , Eunice Olivia Luke [Pump Operator] , Petronella Nicola Luke , Rodwell Kelvin Luke [Pump Operator] , Cecilene Luke [House Keeper] , Daphne Almanta Luke [House Keeper] , Eileen Almenta Luke [House Keeper] , Joseph Benjamin Luke [Operator] , Lennox Luke [Carpenter] , Lennox Kemptay Oundell Luke , Reginald Emmanuel Luke [Carpenter] , Tanefa Natasha Luke , Dionne Candace Odessa Luke , Zoe Mae Shana Luke [Teacher] ,
Angela Maria Luke-King
Lloyda Abiola Luke [Teacher]
Glezen Millard Luke [Stevedore], Janice Marlene Luke, Leslie Sharon Luke Duncan [Teacher], Carrie Luke, Denise Luke [Weeder], Patricia Ann Luke, William Luke [Vendor]
Grant Eli Luke, Arlington Junior Luke [Labourer], Donna Luke [Labourer], Leal Anthony Luke [Office Assistant], Lesley A. Luke [Police], Leslie Junior Luke, Mary Ann Luke [Teacher], Royston Loris Luke [Teacher],
NABACLIS /GOLDEN GROVE
Ayanna Chaka Melaka Luke , Ishelli Oyinola Luke , Kwesi Nkosi Luke , Nika Fola Felecia Luke [Teacher] , Odinga Nkrumah Luke , Sylvia Lynette Luke [Librarian] , Leroy Luke [Salesman] , Michael Luke [Tributor] , Siegfried Letroy Luke [Security Officer] , Samuel Theophilus Luke [Consultant], Aslyne-Elsonaugustus Luke [Clerical Officer] , May Eugenie Luke, Richard Lester Solomon-Luke ,Althea Luke [Cleaner] ,Debra Luke,Laura Viola Luke , Roel Romana Luke , Venus Luke [Huckster] , Nigel Luke [Mason] , Collette Devaughn Luke [Technician] , Dolores Luke , Duncan Owen Llewellyn Luke [Police] , Linden Owen Luke [Welder] , Ollata Phyletia Luke [Teacher] , Troydon Duncan Luke [Driver] , Keisha Melissa Otho-Luke ,
Rondel Kenven Luke [Soldier] , Donna H. Luke , Jennifer Roxanne Luke , Alvina Anna Luke , Aminta Amaris Luke , Azalia Audris Luke , Errol Lennox Luke [Lecturer] , Fern Jacqueline Luke , Janet Lynette Luke , Kwame Patrice Luke , Lynton Kingswood Luke [Clerk] , Marcella Clarewen Luke [Hairdresser] , Nadata Alicia Luke , Sherwin Saint-Anthony Luke [Accounts Clerk] ,
DAVID ROSE HOUSING SCHEME
Andrew Luke, Basil Luke [Farmer], Naresh Luke [Police], Parbatie Luke, Rosalyn Luke,